Saturday 21 January 2012

Zooey Deschanel Inspired Tuxedo Nails

So, Zooey's nails have been the talk of the web ever since she tweeted a picture of them at the Golden Globes saying “I am wearing a gown but my nails are wearing tuxedos!!!”. I absolutely loved the super cute nails, so had to give them a try myself!

I started by applying a base coat followed by a white polish


Next I used a black polish with a really skinny brush to paint the black tips


This same black polish also had a pen applicator, so I used this to draw the cute little bow-ties (this step is harder than you'd think!). Using a dotting tool I got from eBay I dotted three little buttons down the centre of each nail


Finally I applied my favourite Sally Hansen Mega Shine top coat and voilà I have cute tuxedo nails just like Zooey!


Not as good as Zooey's, but I think I did a pretty good job! Drawing on the bow-ties was the hardest bit and they're far from perfect (steady hands are a must!). What did you think of Zooey's cute tuxedo nails? Have you tried this look? Show me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment